Jake Smith is an Australian resident and, also, one of your clients. Jake has the following
events during the year.
1. During the entire 2018 income year, Jake worked for MD & A Architects. Jake was
provided with his PAYG Payment Summary for the period 1 July 2017 to 30 June
2018. Gross salary was $86,000. PAYG tax withheld was $19,820.
2. Jake uses his car for work. Jake was reimbursed for 6,000 kilometers travelled during
the year at 75 cents per kilometer. PAYG withholding of $1,500 was deducted during
3. Jake earns interest of $100 during the year (gross). Jake did not provide the bank
with his tax file number.
4. Jake received an unfranked divided of $3,500 on 18 June 2018. Jake participated in
a dividend reinvestment scheme so that he received an additional 198 shares in the
5. Jake purchased 1,000 ANZ bank share on 1 March 2015 at $22 each. Brokerage costs
on purchase were $50. Jake sold 500 ANZ bank shares on 1 June 2018 for $24 each.
Brokerage costs on sale were $55.
6. On 12 May 2018, Jake sold his “cricket bat” collection. This consisted of 5 cricket bats
that were signed by famous people. The great “Sahin Tendulkar” has signed one of the
bats. Ricky pointing had signed one of the bats which was worth considerably less than
the bat signed by Tendulkar. Jake purchased the bats between 1999 and 2004 for a total
cost of $2,600. He sells the entire collection for $900.
7. Jake failed to keep a log book but wishes to claim his Mazda 3 motor car if possible.
Jake’s diary notes indicate he travelled 7,420 kilometers. Total car expenses including
depreciation is $6,200. He estimates (has a guess) that his business percentage is
95 percent. Jake does not have a second motor car.
8. Jake owns a mobile phone which he uses for work. His mobile telephone call costs for
the 2018 income year totalled $1,400. Jake estimates that 60% of these calls were work-related.
Jake failed to keep his receipts and can’t provide any material documentation.
9. On 1 May 2018, Jake paid the invoice which he received from his previous tax agent for
the preparation and lodgement of his income tax return for last year. The tax agent’s fee
10. Jake is not married and does not have health cover.
Advise Jake as to the tax implications of each of these 10 items and the impact it will have on
his tax returns. Students should quote sections of law where appropriate.
In addition, students should calculate Taxable income only (showing brief workings).
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Jake Smith is an Australian resident and, also, one of your clients. Jake has the following events during the year. During the entire 2018 income… first appeared on nursing writers.
Do You Need A Similar Assignment Done For You From Scratch? We Have Qualified Writers To Help You. We Assure You An A+ Quality Paper That Is Free From Plagiarism. Order Now For An Amazing Discount!
Very professional support! Highly recommended.
Researched complicated topic and delivered report by the requested deadline. The paper is of a high standard reflecting careful research and clear assessments. I recommend iLecturers.com.com
It’s a 5 start for me. Excellent research and writing. The paper reflects a careful assessment of scientific information.
With Gib’s reflection, they wrote a really specific essay. Very well written, containing all of the languages I required and excellent references. The writer follows my instructions and writes clearly in English.
I am so grateful and I am 100% happy with your work.
A fantastic piece of work 👏. The writer demonstrated full knowledge of the topic and applying the relevant provided material. Well done.